Can't go over 50mph?

I set mine to .35mm last time. The start was rough/difficult at .4 Now it's good, set at .35

Next spring i hope to bolt in a new engine, let's see how those specs are..

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

OK, after you follow everyone elses advice first, then read this. I had this problem happen 1 time and 1 time only.

Same scenerio except I couldn't get over 30mph. After much muttering, cussing and swearing I found that I had gotten the capacitor wire clamped between the distributer cap and the distributer and it was shorting out.

Randy

Howard Rose wrote:

Reply to
Randy

Hi Howard, although it has been briefly mentioned, have you checked the accelerator cable? If you're not getting full pull when you put your foot down you won't get all the engine has. You will need someone to help. Get them to put their foot flat and see if you can open the throttle any more by hand. It's an easy fix then if it's not opening all the way.

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz Pike

Howard I know you have a vast knowledge of VW's so I'm not trying to be funny but have you checked your plug wire order? When I started driving VW's I have had the wires crossed and found my bug would only do 40 mph on 2 cylinders and have ran in to this with after other people tuned up their VW's.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Reply to
Jim347a

"The Carbie" ? :-) LMAO

Reply to
Gaz Pike

It enriches our enjoyment to have dialect - the same way that looking for a petrol (gas) leak with a torch seems to amuse the USA contingent. Can't think why. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Hall