Can you see pictures and give me an opinion?

I took the head off my engine (bought almost sight unseen for US$100) and found it, to me looking normal... no cracks, no oil, just lots of carbon.

Can you take a look and tell me what you see?

The pictures are really big for clarity, sorry for that...

Eduardo Kaftanski

yes.. I already marked those for death row... :)

I will take them to the local parts/service/breakers yard to replace a broken stud and check the valves.... lets see if they check ok.

I plan on not dissasembling the rest of the engine... end play is ok and piston tops look fine.. and I need the car :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

ooops... was in the wrong directory :)

yes. I will take them to the local shop for more checking....

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:54:49 +0000 (UTC), Eduardo Kaftanski ran around screaming and yelling:

hey ED...did you get the email i sent you about a week and a half ago...? reguarding the generators?....subject should have been "RE:PONG".... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

yes. been swamped with work. will answer it right now.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 02:43:59 +0000 (UTC), Eduardo Kaftanski ran around screaming and yelling:

thanks for the reply ED...wasn't rushing you, just wanted to make sure it made it.... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You can replace the connecting rod bearings without cracking the case open.. just remove cyls and pistons first.

You DON'T want to risk rod bearing failure...

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Thats a good plan for today :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

How is the crank end play?

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Ok. *cough* Now I see that I actually asked you a question you had already answered in the part I quoted... Need to consentrate more on reading and understanding.

I'll get me coat.

Reply to
Olli Lammi