Chrome Inserts for Bus

Can anyone help me. I am restoring my 78 Champagne Edition Bus. I bought new rubber from WCM and neither myself or my body shop can get the chrome inserts in them. Does anyone have any hints, know of a website than can direct me or .......? At this point, we've ruined two complete sets of rubber so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
pdknaus

Are you talking about the chrome strips that run inside the rubber that holds windows? If so, put the chrome in the rubber, put the rubber/chrome assembly in the window opening, then put the glass in the rubber. - Robert

Reply to
Robert

the way I have found it works best install the rubber on the glass then insert the chrome strip ( The 78 buses uses the plastic chrome insert) then the windows and windshield can be installed.

If their tring to insert the strip after the windows/windshield is installed I hope their not charging by the hour...lol

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Paul - Mario's right and I am wrong. I was trying to remember how I did it 8 years ago. After I read Mario's post, I realized that was the correct method. Thanks Mario. - Robert

Reply to
Robert