Brit Needs Split Window Panel Info

Recieved the following email Can anyone help him?

""Hello =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0My name is Paul Stansfield from Cornwall in the U.K, I stummbled across your site whilst surfing the web, very good! =A0=A0=A0=A0I recently brought a 1961 red split screen panel van imported from California, it has original sign writing from a cleaning company called "Colonial Cleaners" and also reads below it "we own and operate our own plant" there is also a number on the side " WA.1-8033 " and was painted on by a chap called "Ed Cuevas" I believe this may have been a dry cleaning company, The american registration documents said its last home was in the big bear lake region. Im trying to find out as much history as possible to restore it to it's original and full glory, Any help you could shed on either the van the region the company the number or any other info would be great fully recieve, or even any other VW clubs in that area with e-mail address's. many thanks once again =A0=A0Paul." snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

The number WA1-8033 would be a local phone number, styled before the advent of the North American Numbering Plan

which createdarea codes in the early '60s. Telephone exchanges were named and you woulduse the first two letters of those names to specify which exchange youwanted. Remember the old Glenn Miller hit, "PEnnsylvania 6-5000?" That was aphone number, and the Liz Taylor film "BUtterfield 8" referred to atelephone exchange. For more info on exchange names, visit
In this case, WAshington 1-8033 equates to the modern 921-8033. I tried a search using (909) 921-8033 to no avail. (909 is the Big Bear Lake/Los Angeles area code.) I did find a Colonial Cleaners in Hollister CA, south of San Francisco and some 400 miles north of the Big Bear Lake area. (831)

921-8033 also came up blank.
Reply to
Jim O'Malley (KCIT/KCPN)

What about mailing the VIN# to the german museum? If the cleaning company is the bus' first owner they might have all the details he need.

hth Roger

"Wild Bill" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net... Recieved the following email Can anyone help him?

""Hello My name is Paul Stansfield from Cornwall in the U.K, I stummbled across your site whilst surfing the web, very good! I recently brought a 1961 red split screen panel van imported from California, it has original sign writing from a cleaning company called "Colonial Cleaners" and also reads below it "we own and operate our own plant" there is also a number on the side " WA.1-8033 " and was painted on by a chap called "Ed Cuevas" I believe this may have been a dry cleaning company, The american registration documents said its last home was in the big bear lake region. Im trying to find out as much history as possible to restore it to it's original and full glory, Any help you could shed on either the van the region the company the number or any other info would be great fully recieve, or even any other VW clubs in that area with e-mail address's. many thanks once again Paul." snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

'67 Squareback