urgent message to VWoA

Go piss up a rope!!

re:the Semaphore editorial in the Nov. DB&HVWs

It seems U.S. sales of new VWs have dropped 35.3% from 2000 to 2004. In a very ironic twist VWoA, instead of confiscating and impounding mechandise and threatening lawsuits against all it's internet enthusiasts is now wanting to "again connect with the people who have been acclaiming the virtues of their procucts for decades"...

Ahhh no VWoA, I don't "acclaim" you anymore-and truth be told, I haven't in a long, long time.

And I never will again.

The company that built my Bugs no longer exists. VAG can kiss my ass and it can go belly-up for all I care...

Rant over(for now) Snuffy

Reply to
snuffy smiff

............My sentiments exactly. They've been arrogant and dismissive toward us airheads when they thought that they didn't need us. Well, I've been telling everyone that I know for many years now to stay far far away from VW. I tell them that my bug has NOTHING in common with the crap that's been sold by them in recent decades. Now that they're losing market share at a rapidly increasing rate, they've had a change of heart? Screw 'em. I'd buy a freaking Pontiac before I'd set foot in one of their dealerships.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

WOOHOO! :)

Jan

snuffy smiff wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Way too little. Way too late.

-- Christian '71 Bus -- Turtle

Reply to
Christian M. Mericle

Me too ;-)

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Its the same in the rest of the world. VWs are overpriced and dealers suck. I bougth a Citroen.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

I don't think a lot of Aircooled enthusiasts will be shedding any tears for VWoA. When the alienated the aircooled enthuisasts, they killed the Golden Goose that always supported them. I case anyone is wondering, someone (not me) has registered the domain name at this address

and has a website for your viewingenjoyment.

Remember these vintage (5 years or so ago) VWoA websites.

(I was surprised this oneis still online)

An lest we not forget this one started by Ant. Anyone heard from him lately.

Bill Berckman

Two months ago VW low down the prices but they are still very expensive. The maintenance on a dealer costs a fortune.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

The quality of the merchandise is abismal. Years ago Honda picked up the banner of "People's Car". They may be expensive, but they have that solid feel and more German road holding than the other Japanese/Korean imports. (IMO) KWW

Reply to
KWW

I think the Toyota Scion is arguably the new people's car. These models hit dealer's show rooms one day and were all over the place the next.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Yep, they got all the Right Stuff for a fad: they be ugly as sin, a parts market for the bolt-on poseurs, and soon they be selling stick-on glow-in-the-dark daisies and fake oil leaks. It's a cultural thang.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Due to a new baby (carseat) we recently traded in our New Beetle for a Toyota Camry. We had all kinds of problems with the New Beetle. The "Check Engine" light was always lighting up. Luckily I invested in a VAG-COM device so I didn't have to let the dealer rip me off to reset it.

Lorem Ipsum wrote:

Reply to
User Example

Vw is trying to rework their image into a luxury car brand like BMW ,Mercedes or Audi. By being an upscale car brand they remove themselves from being competitors with Honda & Toyota. Building cars that require lots of maintenance & upkeep $$$$ fits this image. Can they pull this off? Only time will tell.

Reply to
gevans

you mean like that lemon the Fart-on ?

Reply to
Juper Wort

I must say that I just bought a xB about a month ago and I love it!! It drives and feels like the aircooled VW's. I mean this thing has loads of character and it a real kick in the pants to drive. Plus it is getting 37mpg hwy.

Don't get me wrong, I love the AC VW's but this thing is a real close runner up. The engine is the VVTI 1.5L 4 banger and I have the 5spd man. And loaded with features for under $15K base price.

So all I can say to VWzeroA is, too bad, you diss'd us!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
TerryB

Well, they are targeted to the Twenties age group, but most of the buyers are 40+. Ugly, you bet, but I just laugh everytime I fill up at the pump. LOL I tell everyone that the looks is not what sold the xB, it is the economy of it.

Not trying to sell these toasters, just a happy owner of two very fun to drive cars. Two being a 1964 VW beetle and a 2005 Scion xB.

Reply to
TerryB

The VWoA missed the Corolla passing it in the 80's (25 million made now.)

Charles of Kankakee who's owned 4 of them.

Reply to
n5hsr

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:53:58 -0500, "Charles @ Kankakee" scribbled this interesting note:

Well, the name Corolla has indeed been on that many vehicles, but they aren't all, essentially, the same vehicle. A 1979 Beetle is essentially the same car as a 1950 Beetle. A 1975 Corolla is not essentially the same car as a 2000 Corolla.

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

Tis true. I've owned 4 of them. . . .

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

I had a "69" Corolla in 1970. About as close to a Beetle as Japan ever got. 1100cc engine with a top speed of around 75 mph. Got 30 MPG but didn't have the fit or quality of my 64 Beetle. Had some of the same short comings. Low power, very small back seat and the back window would fog up a lot. Not a bad car overall. You could even work on the engine without a computer.

Reply to
Wes Pearson