crappy doors

This is the second vw that i have owned and I am having the same problem. The only difference is that my first Jetta was an 88 and my current passat is a 98. What I am finding and having a tough time with is the doors. How come German engineering can not perfect their door mechanics. All I want to be able to do is open my doors. Not just two of the four, but all of them. Why is this an issue? Talk to me, people, if you are having this problem with your VW.

Reply to
sjck

..................Get a Honda.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On 15 Jan 2005 19:37:09 -0800, "sjck" scribbled this interesting note:

Not having any problem with our 1959 Beetle. Nor any problem with our other 1950 Beetle. Nor with our 1970 Beetle. Nor with our 1974 Thing.

Nope. No problems at all.

John Willis

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:34:18 -0600, John Willis scribbled this interesting note:

Sould have read "Not having any problem with our 1959 Beetle. Nor any problem with our other 1959 Beetle. Nor with our 1970 Beetle. Nor with our 1974 Thing."

John Willis

Aircooled doors work better. Perhaps if you asked them over at the watercooled newsgroup, they can answer your question? Or leave the water out of your engine..... the doors may start working :]

Reply to
Karl