Cylinderhead removal:

Got this from a friend today:

Cylinder head removal

Posted By martin huxley On 2003-11-11 At 18:20:43

I tried and I tried but the cylinder head would not budge on my '92

350 bullet which had blown a head gasket. Rubber mallet under the exhaust, washing line fed in the cylinder in the compression stroke and stand on the kick start, all twelve(ish) stone of me. So I remembered a post on this board and it worked.

In the compression stroke, tip some petrol in the spark plug hole, lots of padding on the head and start her up. Bang, off flew the head, next door thought someone had set of explosives and I'm there with a big grin.

I know of many people who have struggled with cylinder head removal, here's the last resort that works.

safe riding

martin

I'd better put a disclaimer and say that using petrol to explode cylinder heads of bikes is potentially dangerous.

J.

Reply to
BergRace

...................heh heh........Martin must be a redneck!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Methinks we may be reading about this guy in an upcoming "Darwin Awards" email.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

That's dumb. Besides, everybody already knows that compressed air is the best way to go; you simply get way more psi.

Reply to
BugMan

Hi.Lighting off a cylinder to remove a stuck head!Bloody Hell!I've heard of cranking an engine over,ignition off.A braver man than I Gunga Din.Steve

Reply to
Ilambert