Damn - threw a rod

Just wanted to let everyone know that my web-page/tech articles wont have any updates for some time - On my way home from work on Friday my car threw a rod and trashed my nice new block that I spent a lot of $$$ and time on... I've decided that for now I really need a reliable car that I don't have to do any work to (the bug was my only mode of transportation). I'm temporarily storing the VW for a later rebuild. In the meantime it looks like I might be bringing home a new car........... It sucks - I'm sad and excited at the same time.

--Eric

BugMan

...silly question, but wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a nice new mexican crate motor and have a perfectly reliable engined car again? I knwo it would be hard to move back to a stocker power wise...but it

*would* be veyr relkiable that way.

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Man, I'm very sorry to hear that. I know a guy that put a Mazda rotary engine in his. He thinks he has the performance/reliability licked.

Reply to
jjs

It would be cheaper, but right now getting a new car is more reasonable (plus it will be nice to have a/c (its HOT down here) and be able to handle some of our mountains around here at speed (and not get run over)). Seems like everytime I sink a grand into the car I get nothing but problems. I used to like working on the car, but now it has become a chore (its my only mode of transportation) - and when that happens I know its time to stop for a while. I need the second car so I don't have to worry about it. In a couple years when I have some more cash, and time, I will pick up the wrenches again and get it going. I'll NEVER get rid of it, I just need to take a break from it for now...

--Eric

BugMan

Chanting... *Honda Honda Honda!* ;-)

Reply to
Shaggie

He said reliable, not excretable.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:54:01 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

"get a rope".... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Actually Shaggie - your pretty close... Think Acura.

--Eric

BugMan

Don't be stupid.

Reply to