Difference Of Opinion

No, THIS is.

K.

"A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Here's my 2 cents: There *are* no true successors to the Beatle or KG. They are discontinued models, that will never again be produced. The NB is only a name & a car with a similar overall shape. The most prominent features of the cars are

*all* gone, & not in an "evolutionary" manner (that being the rear-engine, body-pan construction, etc.). I *do* like that Karman RHT Coupe, though! :-) (I also like the *looks* of the NB, but that's about all) ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

In my opinion.....Yes that is true. The only thing similar is the attempt to use the real Beetles lines on the new one. I do not like them.

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Don't like that one either. They are just trying to use the original names on a fancy new car to sell them. I would rather have a 66 T-Bird.

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Hmmm. That does evoke a sense of the KG. I could get used to it.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

The TT kinda of reminds me of a New Beetle. I guess it would piss off a Yuppie if you called their TT a New Beetle. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Ford also purchased the" Puma" name in the late 90's and made a small car with the name in the UK I think. Ford and Puma had court problems over the name in the 70's as Cougar and Puma translate the same in several languages. Ford lost that one but still purchased the name when the Puma company was liquidated.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Wonder how Ford got the rights to the Ghia name. Did VW just let the name trademark expire. Check out the site at this link. It is not a VW site. Funny thing is that VW was still producing the KG in 1974.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Ford bought the Ghia company in the early `70s. Ghia was (is?) an Italian coachbuilding/styling/design company and, AFAIK, Volkswagen never had any ownership in Ghia.

Ghia did lots of designs for Chrysler and the design that eventually became the Karmann-Ghia was originally done for Chrysler but they chose not to produce the car and a scaled down design became the Volkwagen version we are so familiar with.

The Chrysler-Ghia design:

Some history here:
Some more Ghia designed cars here:

Scott H