difficult to start

Hi Ramva greetings from Holland,

Finaly got the engine running fine. However, last week the car wouldn't start at all, not even 'the click' from the starter. Tried it 3 times (also no click) and all of a sudden the 4th time it started. I noticed earlier that the starter would not turn as fast as normal. (as if the starter died slowly when starting) I know my battery is good/charged because my semaphores work fine, and they won't rise fully if the battery is low. Is this just a classic case of bad contacts, or is my starter fried? Haven't checked the starter jet, only the ignition part on the steering wheel. It seemed ok. Checked Speedy Jim's webpage but could not find a clue on this matter.

TIA Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Have seen this on other cars, where the ground cable from battery to frame is not making good contact. Also check the fat lead going from the battery to the starter.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

I agree with remco. Sounds like a juice problem. check for corrosion on the leads, clean them, try again.

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

"Pi-Eyed Piper" schreef in bericht news:ZMZYe.304093$on1.144985@clgrps13...

Yeah, my first thoughts too; bad/corroded connection. Also hoped to be something simple like this, ...easier to clean than to change...

Thanks for your input guys

Roger

Reply to
bug '59