Does anyone know what color wires are the speedometer and the emergency light?

I bought a 69 vw bug a while ago. i was workin on it but the wiring was all funky wen i opened the trunk. wires are all everywhere. and i was wondering what color the seedometer wire was and where it hooks up to. doesn anyone have any pictures that can show me, because my wirings a mess. my emergency lights dont work and my speedometer doesnt work. what wires are these?

Reply to
69vwdude

Go here:

and download a diagram. I recommend the one for 1970 (de) 1600 USA as it will be closest to your car.

There are no wires for the "speedo"; it's purely mechanical. Your Shop Manual should show the cable routing.

The Emergency light (4-way Hazard?) has its own separate fuse. If the Turn signals work, the flasher is OK. The diagram you download should show all this. There is also a simplified diagram of the flasher on my web site.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Reply to
Mark