Doesn"t anyone make vw sized tires anymore?

Reply to
GaryT

Mastercraft tire

makes a 165r15 tire. I have them on my bug.

Reply to
haught_hazel

"Tim Rogers" wrote

Hey Tim, I'm being picky here ... or it may be the cough medicine talking

8-) ... but I believe the 4.5" wheels were not introduced on Beetles until sometime in the '72 model year.

Ok .... I went and checked my Bentley to see if it confirmed this and it says March of '72 is when the 4.5" wheel started on Beetles.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

...................I'm glad that you caught that one. For a long time now, I've been assuming incorrectly that my 66's slotted wide fives were 4 1/2" without actually measuring them.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Last year I purchased a set of 165 15 from Sears for $100. They have the sears brand on them and are made by cooper. They are the same tires sold by the " Real Source" as a package for $199. plus shipping. I'm happy with them.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Do you mean a set of four?

Reply to
Michael Kelly

"Tim Rogers" wrote

This website has a nice listing of the various VW wheels used through the years:

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

I **hope** he means a set of two, otherwise I paid too much!

GaryT

Reply to
GaryT

Yes, a set of four tires for $100. Sears guardsman 40,000 mile radials. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Bummer...for me, not you. GaryT

Reply to
GaryT

I got the same tires (165R15) at...are you ready...pep Boys. Think they were $27 each. So far, they're fine

Mark

Reply to
Mark/Anne Gorman

Ouch! Too bad there's not a Pep Boys in my area... GaryT

Reply to
GaryT