Electronic Speedometer...costed 15 euros (15 dollars)!!!

Well, Since I have a tight budget I'm allways thinking of ways to transform stuff. Latest gizmo on my bug... Electronic digit Speedometer for 15 euros. How? Just use a bike speedometer :) Yap! It works, and it's super-precise! (tested comparing with GPS speed). All you need to do is attach the sensor on the front weel support (same weel of the original speedomenter cable by coincidence) and glue (fiberglue) the little magnet to the drum close enough to the sensor.

need to make an extension on the supplied cable, but that is easy.Photo of the speedo on the dash (dash still under construction):
vwbike2.jpg updated: if you'l like to have this speedo lit at night, buy a speedo with light allready, and connect the light directly to the bugs light switch so it does not drain the speedos battery.

MM

Reply to
Manuel Macedo

HaHa! Nice one :-)