Horn q? /71 Ghia

Someone put in an after market steering wheel and I can't figure how to get a horn button into the middle . I ran a new wire down the center of the "tube" but I don't see the connection for the surrounding tube. the one that at least in older cars was not grounded, it "floated" n rubber. Help!

Reply to
A Veteran

Ah. I think the rubber grommet mounts were last seen in '70. See this:

Your '71 should have had the wiper contact for horn built into the turn signal switch.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Again , you focused right on the problem. The guy that installed the a.m. wheel left off the wiper contact plate., I found one in my ferch pile. Thanks a bunch. beep, beep ! g.

Reply to
A Veteran

Jim pretty much rocks.... when he speaks, stop, listen, and learn...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
Speedy Jim