Elusive barbed hose fitting - can't find

I'd like to use the idea of pre-oiling the engine by pumping oil into it through the oil pressure sender port using an inexpensive garden sprayer. A simple male barbed hose fitting with M10x1 male threads would accomplish the connection. But I can't find such a fitting.

Or is this just something you fabricate in your spare time out of an old sender?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

An 1/8 NPT fitting almost matches the oil switch hole, as long as you don't tighten it too much and deform the threads.

Bill, '67 Bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

The 1/8 male NPT will hand thread just about all the way in without screwing up the threads. Make sure you use brass.

I would just crank the engine with rockers removed and plugs out until you get pressure. There's zero chance of harming anything.

RT

Reply to
Raymond Lowe

http://63.230.74.177/ghia/MVC-464F.JPG