Engine/heads update

Remember the heads I posted images of asking for opinions? I took them to a local machine shop and they tested them. Exhaust valves and all guides were toast, so I will pick them up tuesday with all new guides, new exhaust valves and the valves installed and lapped.

Cost? US$50 for the guides installed, US$25 for the valves and US$5 for lapping and assembling.

Do you envy third world labor rates? :)

No cracks at all found in the heads...

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Could have sworn those were cracks I saw in the pictures...............But I am glad you have none.

Good luck and keep going.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

I saw them too... but they were just carbon. Once the carbon was removed, the aluminum itself was ok.

Bad news is a cilinder full of oil. I will take the cilinders out to rering them all, as that spark was also wet, meaning that piston has a stuck or broken ring...

thanks. I will probably end up with a completly rebuild engine, but you knew that, didn't you?

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski