Engine lid

The 57 I obtained recently is missing the engine lid. It did come with two spares from a 60 something bug. Without much effort I had a quick go at installing one of these lids and it doesn't seem to fit.

Will one of these actually fit on my 57 (oval), and I just need to put a bit more omph into it? or do I need to track down a lid with the "W" in it?

Cheers

Reply to
zigford

Creative Car Craft in Florida makes a great fiberglass convertable W decklid for the oval bugs, great Idea if your running anything bigger then a 36 hp.

Mario Vintage werks Resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Why doesn't it fit?

In the mid-'60s the latches changed...

Reply to
Howard Rose

Thanks Howard. Can anyone point me in the right direction of finding the correct engine lid?

Cheers

Reply to
zigford