Engine number: A ??????? , how many horsepower

My newly bought 1303 has a chassis number that starts 134.....

Is this a 74 model?

Engine number is: VW sign for exchange parts, then a "A" and than only empty spaces , also no numbers.

I remember from my old days when i was working at a Vw dealership, that we had to punch/stamp in the real numbers.

How many horsepower does my engine have? Or how can i se if it is a 1200 or

1300 or 1500 or 1600 block/engine?

greetings from Denmark....

Michael

Reply to
BS

Ben Boyle

A 1200 is physicly narrower than the others, the 1500 would have single port heads, the 1600 from a T1 would have double port heads, and now to the tricky bit: The 1300 came in both single AND double port head configuration.....

J.

Reply to
BergRace

so did the 1600 in US spec cars...single port 1600 in 1970 and the dual port version took over in 1971

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

The USA also got single port 1600