Engine quits

...................heh heh..............I was thinking the same thing. Scary huh?................ I'm only 5'9" and I can roll down the passenger window in my bug without unbuckling.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Okay, Okay...sometimes i forget that vw made more than the bug and ghia...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

I had that same problem. I solved it with a 1300 watt electric room heater. I put the heater on the floor of the car, and plug it in about a half hour before I'm going to leave. The car is nice and toasty warm.... Depending on how long the kids leave the doors open as they get in. But then I park next to a power source.

Reply to
Michael Kelly

Hehe yeah, I keep reading this without thinking that most of the comments are for beetles etc - I keep seeing things from a bay-windowed POV... still, most of it still applies!

Anto

Reply to
Antony Hutchison

Reply to
Antony Hutchison

Get a longer extension cord. I use a 50 footer to go from the back of my garage to outside the door.

Reply to
Michael Kelly

Could it be carb icing? I had a problem with my '66 cutting out in a similar situation to this, and it turned out to be the fuel cut-off switch on the carburettor (top right hand side, with the electric connection near the choke). I replaced it, and it's been fine ever since...

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini De-Luxe 1964 Austin Mini Super De-Luxe
Howard Rose