Engine stand

I've lost my link to building an engine stand with the bellhousing to be able to bench start an engine. Will someone please save me some grief and repost it. Thanks if you would.

Reply to
Steve Lawman

The one you can buy ready-made?

Otherwise, Sawzall the back section out of a Type 1 box. Or get a Type 2 bellhousing (the Bay ones are separate).

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Reply to
Steve Lawman

Ah. Here's some of the electric:

It may be desirable to hook the Oil pressure switch to an indicator light too.

The fuel line from the pump inlet can simply dangle into a fuel can (kept at a safe distance).

Yes, if you have a spare tranny, it can be left intact and used for starting.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Reply to
Steve Lawman