FA; My "near the barn" find

If I wasn't working on 3 other vehicles i would restore this 65 bus.

Stupendous Man

I like the disclaimers. :-)

Reply to
Shag

My suggestion? See the gas filter? Crack it in a vice-grip and light 'er up.

Reply to
John

You hate VWs? It's what they had at NAPA, better than nothing and bigger is better with a vehicle that sat a while.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Oh yea. Everybody here knows I hate VWs.

You call that an endorsement? They probably had a half-dozen cheap-ass rebuilt engines they rotated in and outta that thing.

Nothing means you ain't wasting money on a loosing something.

That makes no sense to me. How is bigger better because it sat rusting for decades?

Reply to
John

I see I found the "mule".

Reply to
Stupendous Man

no, that's me...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

And I am the clueless newbie, wet behind the ears kinda guy.

Reply to
John

John was refering to just the gas filter not torching the bus.

Gas filters in the engine compartment is not a good thing on a VW.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Yeah... Right. Probably the same way with HD's also, right?

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

Hey, Les. I went through the old storage shed and guess what I found? A box of Pan and Shovel parts. Including a copy of the stainless seat pan I made for The Butcher. I've already cut it up for something else. :)

Reply to
John

Where would you put one on a type 2 that won't leak onto the exhaust if it fails?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Making VW parts out of it?

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

absolutely...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I did call Kennedy Engineering. They said they have no adapters for Big Twin to VW transmissions. Wanted to run three Shovels in there. Want is a short word meaning Ain't Ever Gonna Be Real.

Reply to
John

That's what I like to hear! An affirmation. I'm convinced. Planning the tattoo right now. Klulz Nub. Maybe with wings.

Reply to
John

I have a bunch of those wants myself. Expensive, time consuming, and not gonna happen.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

Jes imagine, three shovels lined up like a radial engine around the tranny shaft. Oh man, I need another tattoo - "Stupid Idea Guy"

Reply to
John

What's the stupid idea?

Les