Fender for '74 Super Beetle

I picked up a right front fender for my '74 Super Beetle from the VW wrecking yard. After I got it home I tried to see if I could bolt it to my car and found that none of the fender holes line up. The fender also seems to be the wrong "shape" for my car. The fender had the original Volkswagen headlamp and turn signal lamp.

The fender has the right cut-outs for my bumper. Did I get an aftermarket fender? Should all '73 - '79 fenders fit all '73 - '79 Super Beetles?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
azazel scratch

Gotcha!

The frt fenders on Supers are different from Std Beetles. You want a '74 and up SUPER fender. Note that '73 had the old bumpers.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Reply to
Ben Boyle

I remember owning a 73 sunroof sedan. Did my car not exists, Ben? Actually

71 and 72 Super Sedans had relatively flat windshields but not sure if the fenders were different.

shek it out

73 had the first curved windshields and midway through the year they changed from the 1302 strut to the 1303 type. I owned a 73 1302 type, curved shield and old linkage style.

Anyway, you obviously picked up a 74 standard bug fender rather than a 74 super bug fender.

sedans. Any Super Beetle from '76-UP is a

Reply to
Funkie

Read the post, in his situation a '73 Super Beetle is useless due to different openings for the bumper brackets. I didn't state anywhere in the post that Super Beetles did not exist in previous years.

Reply to
Ben Boyle

You know what I'm wondering? Did Funkie's hood have a VW emblem on it...? :-) *backs away from keyboard slowly*....

openings for the bumper brackets. I

'74-'79 but post '75 things get difficult due

Reply to
Shag