Using older fenders on my 1970 Beetle

I want to mount older 1952-66 front fenders on my 1970 Beetle. The fenders I have are dented and I like the older look of the headlights on the pre 1967 beetles.

Will the bolt holes match up on the fender and front quarter panel? Will I need to make any other changes besides changing the front apron?

Has anybody done this before?

Thank you.

Reply to
tom crossno

They will bolt on, but there will be no facility for the front bumper mounts.

Also bear in mind that earlier cars also had longer bonnets (hoods) and shorter decklids. To look right you will have to change these as well as the valances and front bumper mounts.

I always think that later cars converted to the early style look odd.

Reply to
Howard Rose

I'm doing this now to a 70 saden, its not all that hard if you have a good un-nosed clip from a 66 down.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

.........Another customer's bug getting parted out?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

And does the customer know about it ?

Randy

RSMEINER

yea and ishe happy with the way the resto's going. He's already talking about getting a carport for it.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

So.. To complete this project I will need Pre-67: fenders, hood, apron and a good pre-67 clip. I was hoping to use my current clip because I don't have a welder. :(

Reply to
tom crossno