Fiberglass W decklid

Hi,

I have a W fiberglass decklid and it seems that mounting of this thing is no where near the quality of original. Anyway here are three questions:

1) hindges are riveted, and don't seem to be adequate as they eventualy get loose and deck lid starts to rub. Is there a better way to secure those?

2) lock/t handle. mine does not have a round with 2 flat side opening for the t handle, do I just drill a hole and file it to the right shape? or is there some other mod that I would need to do in order to secure t-handle?

3) on original deck there are little nibs at the top that hold the spring, mine missing those, what are the alternatives for proping this sucker up to getting hit in head with the decklid?

Thanks! Anton

Reply to
anton

Where did you get the deck lid from ? I have worked with a few from Creative Car Craft and they seemed to be great quality.

Not sure who sells them but you can buy a deck lid prop, or make one like I did that is a bent rod in a V shape that slips in the ends of the hinge holder ends. I Just put a peice of fuel line over a 2.5 m by 6mm rod and bent to a V shape to hold up deck lids when I'm doing engine repairs.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Deck came with the car, not sure about the origin, there are no identifying markings of any kind on it. Does Creative Car Craft make them with all nessary openings and threads for fastening hinges and handle?

V rod is neat seen quite a few > ant> > Hi,

Reply to
anton