fitting a gas heater in a split bus

Hi there

just wondering wether a gas heater will fit in a T1 with a double carburetor engine.....any experience?

cheers

Reply to
Kuebel Guy

Isn't a T1 a bug? The gas heater isn't ike an air conditioner compressor where its driven off the engine pulley and therefore its placem,ent interfers with the carbs. Ya just need a fuel line and a place to run the exhaust.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Umm.. what? T1 + beetle, T2 + bus.

A big BN4 gas heater fits easily in the engine bay of a split window buS (Pre 67) even with dual carbs. I did it.

In Beetles, the gas heater does not go in the engine bay ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

You are confusing Type and T. A bug is a Type 1, a bus is a Type 2.

A T1 is a Type 2 split screen bus. A T2 is a Type 2 bay window bus. A T25 is a Type 2 Vanagon bus.

Reply to
Karl

Where did that German Nazi spawn guy we had on the list a few years ago go?? Big Smiley. :o) Blimey, he was god at Correcting us.. No losss of mine. Peace. J.

Reply to
Berg

Thanks Jan....you always have that "previous experience" :)

I thought buses were called T1, T2... because they were called Transporters in USA....who knows :)

Reply to
Kuebel Guy

Going back to your original question: I've seen a '67 T-2 double cab with a Southwind brand gas heater. It was tucked up under the dash on the passenger side, so this type was nowhere near the engine compartment..

Al Adams

Reply to
Al Adams