Freshining up rims??

What can i use to clean rims. Im not just talking shine, to see a pic of what i mean, check out photos.yahoo.com/skilled_fifty_sixers under "the mower" and look at the pic of the rim and tire. Im not sure what to do to get rid of the corrosion stuff. Thanks ~peace~ Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

If the wheels are still smooth and not pitted, you can put a little elbow grease into them and use this:

I used this on my wheels and was very pleased with the outcome. I have been using nevr-dull on lots of metal things over the years and it still amazes me.

Not a dealer nor do I own stock, just a satisfied customer.

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

--------------------

Reply to
TerryB

thanks for the tip!!

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

My husband uses that stuff on his brass belt buckle. I'll have to try it on the bug. Thanks!

Also, that cola and foil thing works wonders on chrome bumpers!

-- Cheers. Carol

Reply to
munkyluvr

Cola and Foil thing??? fill me in please :) Will it work on rims?

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

"Nxqzablesk8er" wrote

Dunno, I suppose that's only for chrome.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

AWESOME!! Thanks, the rear bumper has a bunch of surface rust.

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

how "like new" does that method make the chrome? It may just be the pictures but those shots seem to show some blemishes remaining.

Reason I ask is because I've used turtle wax chrome polish to do much the same thing, after much elbow grease the surface rust does indeed come off but little pinpricks of rust can still be seen, depending on how advanced the rust was.

just interested in knowing how the soda compares with the chrome polish.

Reply to
Seth Graham

If there is pitting, obviously you're not going to make the pits go away. It will make the rust inside the pits go away. It's actually quite a satisfying exercise. Like polishing silver or ironing. I haven't used the chrome polish before.

-- Cheers. Carol

Oh if you're sad, and you're feeling blue, go out and buy a brand-new pair of shoes.

Reply to
munkyluvr