Front turn signal advice?

My 69' has shaved front fenders and no front signals, i have a blade style front bumper and it aint legal to run my bug without front signals (at least in California it isnt) anyone have any suggestions on how i could mount some front signals?

Reply to
Exille

Harley-Davidson units mounted to the bumper brackets?

just a thought

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yep! See where the horn vent(s) are? Put the signals there. See this site:

If you like, you can make your own by placing signals behind stock horn vents.

Reply to
jjs

its a 69' no horn vents here =P

Reply to
Exille

--...

Then get out the dremel and make some holes. I put some of these on my 73 STD. They are pretty cool except they blink kinda fast.

Reply to
EuroBug

I would get some cheap orange lights from a local auto parts store, and devise a way to hang them off the bottom (or prop up on the top) of the front bumper. Then wire as usual. Metal clip covertly attached to the back of the bumper with rivets? ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Fab a bracket that can be bolted to teh original bumper brackets. No irreversible mods, no drilling the original parts. Then go look at MOTORBIKE aftermarket parts calendars. Lots of cool little turn signal designs there, and not too expensive. Just bought two for Frannie in fact :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hey, putting a turn signal in the horn vents is the best, check out the ones i have.

checkout "the mower" albums. Mine are from....ummmm...billet somethingcompany...i can look it up if you want. ~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Justin D

He already said he doesn't have horn vents............

Reply to
Anthony

You could also go with the cal look round turn signals, also commonly used on bajas, The bumpers with turn signals built into them, or you could use the H-4 headlights with turn signals in the bulb, sometimes called Mercedes style.

Reply to
Zarana-X

Woops, didn't read that....what about the cal style bumpers that have the turnsignals in the bumper. Maybe too costly? I horn vent is a simple hole....just drill it out, won't ruin the paint cus the edges will be covered. I think maybe a hole for the signals will be best...unless you wish to fork out money for new front bumper and signals... ~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Justin D

Then he can put 'em in the headlight shells. If he freaks out that it's too much work, he can punch the friggin holes back into the front and use the horn/turnsignal thing. I hate the signals in the bumper. Looks late-model dumb.

Reply to
jjs

"Exille" wrote

How about these headlights with the signal built in:

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

hmm..how about if i put them behind the bumper bracket hole? but i dont think its legal to run without a front bumper...

Reply to
Exille

..............My bug doesn't have any bumpers and it passes the safety inspection here in New York. The bracket holes are where I put my turn signals, maybe the inspector thought that it came that way from the factory. There are so few bugs on the road in this area, maybe there's never been any at this shop besides mine for several years. It's amazing what you can get by with sometimes.

Reply to
Tim Rogers