FS: Carb

I have an old carb out of my '69 dune buggy. It says Solex Brosol, H30/31PICT. I replaced it because the previous owner said he could not adjust it, and I wouldn't know how to begin. Maybe it is worth something to someone. Make me ANY offer. Thanks, Terence

Reply to
tp

Hi! Cbperformance.com sells H30/31PICT carbs. John C. at aircooled.net/ might sell them too.

You could get one of the 'Bug Me' videos on VW tune-ups to learn and watch someone adjust a carb.

That carb you mentioned might have a lot of play or looseness at the throttle shaft. That lets air in and can make it impossible to adjust. I ain't no troop leader. I'm just trying to help! Sleepy Joe

I have an old carb out of my '69 dune buggy. It says Solex Brosol,

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel

Thanks. I already replaced it, so this is available to anyone that might have a need/want.

Side note, I have what I think is a 1641DP, I was told that this was not the right carb anyway. It kinda cuts out at the top end, which is right around

60-65, or maybe 69 mph on a downhill. I want to go duals (I think) someday, but I would be interested in what anyone has to say on the matter. I know I have compression problems (#3 is considerably less than the rest), but I figure the carb is something I would replace anyway, so I might do that first anyway. Any suggestions on which carb(s) to use?
Reply to
tp