Fun with parts

Isn't it nice to know your aircooled is getting some new parts?!

Don't know why I posted a silly post like this... it just feels good to know my car is getting some new parts... to include

Brand new engine - around $2500.00 Rebuilt transaxle - around $650.00 misc. other parts - around $400.00

Being able to fweem again... Priceless

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw dragenwagen

1966 Type I
"Old VW"s don't leak oil, they mark their territory."vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
Reply to
dragenwagen

nice, I am green with envy, and can totally understand why post like this. Occasions like this are like xmas x ~10?

anton

Reply to
anton

Congradulations and keep up the pictures. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

On Feb 21, 12:51=EF=BF=BDpm, "dragenwagen" wrot= e:

All looks good but I had to take a step back when I saw the junk 009 dizzy on the new engine. That and you could have saved alot if you would have bought from Sundance bug and buggie out of Florida. Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Hmmm, not sure to agree. If the purchase (or vendor) feels good, the $$$ comes in second. (mho) Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Dragenwagon, Looks like your on your way to a complete recovery. Congrats. When I opened the tranny photo the first thing that popped into my mind was Wow kinda looks like Darth Vader!! Get all that stuff into your bug and we will see you at the Mississippi show next month????

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Wild Bill Pensacola, Fl

Wild Bill

berichtnews: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Wild Bill

Yup -

It all goes back to the fact that I wanted to give a local guy my business. I figure that alittle more pride goes into an engine build when its a local guy and his reputation is based on his work building them one at a time. Now you can get an engine built from a mail order "puppy farm" company that cranks out engines all day long. The problem with that is.... if you have a problem and its hopefully it's still under warranty... then you have to pull the motor....clean it up and crate it and send it back. Weeks will go by. Then you can only HOPE that you will see your engine sometime in the next who knows how long. Then HOW do you know that any defective part THEY say is the problem came from YOUR engine? Then, if its that bad are you going to get your engine with all the parts back? To say - build another one? Probably not. With the local guy... he comes to me or I can tow the car to him within a half an hour. Initially it may have cost a little more, but in the long run I think it may have been a wise choice.

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw dragenwagen

1966 Type I
"Old VW"s don't leak oil, they mark their territory."vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw

Reply to
dragenwagen

Yeah Darth Vader with a runny nose!!! LOL!!!! I don't know about a complete recovery, but things are better.

For those that are going to be in the area...

The MS. Gulf Coast VW Club is having their annual show at Edgewater Mall on Hiway 90 in Biloxi, MS. on Mar 17... yes its St. Patricks Day. Here is a link to the show flyer:

and with any luck Bill I can get things back together enough to at least drag the old girl to the show, not that she will win any awards...

Reply to
dragenwagen