stablizer bar?

I am attempting to install a stabilizer bar on my 66 bug. I've got those cool red bushing, and a bugpack bar, but I don't know how far to place them from the end of the bar...Thanks Bert vw66

Reply to
kline49

my '66 with new swaybar bushings and ball joints...

****************************************************************dragenwagen

1966 Type I - Daily Driver
Reply to
dragenwagen

Don't take this the wrong way, but that bar seemed(from the pic's) very thin?? I got some of those urethane mounts(s**te) + screw clamps, and they are a tad to large for my bar witch is 19mm if I remember correctly..

Did you shim the bar or trim the mounts?

J.

Reply to
BergRace

installed a stronger Stabilizer, will it become much stiffener?

"BergRace" ¦b¶l¥ó news:Icc_b.1315$EV2.7442@amstwist00 ¤¤¼¶¼g ...

Reply to
Yellow Godzilla

Stiffer roll-wise, yes. How much depends on the diameter of the bar..

J.

¤¤¼¶¼g
Reply to
BergRace

no, as far as i know its the stock swaybar. but the clamps were a pain to put on. but its better that the old worn out original ones.

--

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver 1969 Type I - Undergoing heater channel replacement
"Old VW's Don't Leak Oil, They Mark Thier Territory."****************************************************************"> Don't take this the wrong way, but that bar seemed(from the pic's) very> thin??