Head rest removal

This is on a '77 convertible, how do you get the headrest off ?

Reply to
<pnightin

<pnightin

congrats now could you enlighten the rest of us that don't know? I found the clips.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

The clips were in the plastic bushing for the headrest. I was looking and looking and when I finally got out the flashlight and shone it at the bushing I could see it. Once they were out the headrest slides right out. To get the bushings out I used a washer to compress the plastic tongs and applied upward pressure on it while poking a screwdirver at the lower prongs that were sticking. It popped right out.

Reply to
<pnightin