Headliner meets front Window seal question

I was thinking of pulling the front window and doing a bit of painting on that area of my 70 bug. Does the headliner just get tucked under the rubber seal there, or does it wrap around the metal of the body under the seal?

My front window has been slightly fogged in the bottom corner of the passenger side since I got the car in 83 so I'm also trying to decide if I should replace it entirely or stick with the original. Hmmm.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Hey Micheal the head liner wraps around the windshield lip. If the rubber has never been replaced you have to remove the toothed retainer metal so any of the after market windshield rubber will fit.

Average cost of a windshield for a std beetle is about $85 and what a difference it makes observing life thru a new windshield.

Mario Vintage Werks Resto

Reply to
Kafertoys