Herman's Online!

I've posted pictures of my 'new' '71 Super Beetle, Herman. I was very fortunate to find a vehicle in this condition for the price I paid!

As work progresses, I'll be updating the site ... but I don't plan on doing any major work until the spring. Then, he'll be getting a new interior, and a new paint job.

Larry '71 SB - "Herman"

Larry St. Regis

Looks good!! Hopefully there isn't any hidden rust or shoddy body repair under that paint applied by the previous owner. I'd rather buy a car with the original paint job and some rust than one that was hastily repainted then sold. There's nothing worse than sanding down some paint to find huge amounts of bondo hiding a hole. Been there done that on my 70 Bus!!

Reply to
Mac

Thanks, Mac ...

Actually, the PO painted him because he didn't like the original canary yellow. I've been over every body panel with a magnet, and have not found any 'hidden' bondo yet. I've pulled the door panels, rear seat, and (what was left of) the carpeting, and likewise found no rust. Considering we live in the Silicon Valley, I'm not that surprised. Old bugs are a frequent sight around here!

Larry '71 SB - "Herman"

Larry St. Regis

Look's like you got a good score.... wish I could find them in that condition for a reasonable price here in the panhandle of FL.

Reply to
Mac