Hot VW's or VW Trends

which one? Or both? I have a cal bug, so which one caters to big engines and cool looking rides? I did read that article about how they seem redundent and what not, but i'd like to have one. Im thinking hot vw's.... ~peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

I have 10 years worth of VW Trends in the bookshelf here, and I've been pleased with them. A little for everyone, but doesn't go to extreme lenghts for just one narrow audience. There are featured, loooong, multi-part articles on some more complicated rebuilds and such, that span a few issues each. They give excellent detail info, especially if you go to their website to see the material that was left out of the printed magazine due to space limitations. Their website is like an addendum or extension to the magazines.

I can't say anything about HotVW's, haven't seen them sold here and I only need one mag subscription from overseas..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Personally, I like VW Trends. Seems to have more substance to it.

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik EK III & Thumper Ride w/me all that groks is god BS# 139 DOF# 69

Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Justin,

I used to get both magazines but have decided to let the subscription on HotVW's run out. I find VW Trends to be a better magazine. I'm sure you will enjoy it more too. HotVW's is a good magazine, don't get me wrong, but if you want just one of the 2 then go with Trends.

Blake

Reply to
Benson

I think HVW's has more technical articles IMO... I get both. VWT is cheaper.

B.C. Bugger

I agree. There was the time when I felt that both mags were on a slow roll into mediocrity. Although VWT appears to have pulled out of that nose dive and has started back doing some decent tech articles.

Reply to
Luft Gek?hlt

"Nxqzablesk8er" wrote

I think Hot VWs is geared more toward what you're interested in.

I liked VWT better for many years, probably mostly because it's the one that I found first and read for a couple of years before I found HVWs. But for the last few years I've thought that HVWs was the better magazine, especially since Kaferdave moved over there. Minor point, but the writing and proofreading seems to be much better at HVWs too.

I've got about 10-12 year's worth of each magazine stored but I recently let both subscriptions run out, each for different reasons.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:33:38 GMT, "Scott H" ran around screaming and yelling:

we know the reason...because you won that free subscription to ramva...LOL J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

after a number of trys to get a copy of Trends with my 64 in it failed I let the subscription go, and Hot VW sent me a card thanking me for renewing my subscriptions then waiting 3 months to send out the next issue got them dropped. Not to say I haven't bought both magazines from the newsstand, I will renew both but first I have to figure what to do with stacks of past years

Reply to
Kafertoys

9 years of VWTrends magazines for sale. 94 to 2003

Buyer pays shipping.

Reasonable offers will be considered.

Any takers? This is no joke. :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

"9 years of VWTrends magazines for sale.

Buyer pays shipping.

Reasonable offers will be considered.

Any takers? This is no joke. :)

Jan "

I'll give ya $5 shipped?? This is no joke :)

~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

I wonder how much 20 KG of magazines would cost to send from Europe?!? :o) LOL

B.C. Bugger

Hopefully only $5! Ship it ground, and they normally have a special fee if its all paper (cus they just throw it around more....more then your engine parts)

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

hehehehe funny nonetheless :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Ouch, i take that as a no, :)

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

It would cost way way more than $5.00 for shipping, so I think it's safe to say that's a no.

Kidd

"A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

shipping from finland to chile?

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

.............The distribution center for Finland to Chile shipments is here at my house in upstate New York.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

More than the mags are worth new :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

that may be why US-made magazines down here cost US$15 each!

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski