how do i install popout windows????

please email thanx rich i have a 75 beetle standard

Reply to
RICHVW1

All the holes should be pre-drilled but hidden by the headliner for the bracket and the trim for the hinge.

the trick is there is a piece of flat steel that slides in the hinge and the scres tighten down on it.

Putting the popouts really help.

Bobby in Savannah

Reply to
RDavis1957

You run into the same problem when doing your front vent windows. You should be able to substitute a double stick tape used by autoglass shops in lieu of the rubber. I'm surprised somebody at WW didn't tell you that, as that is what they suggested to me when I ordered the rubber for my vent frame. John Henry has a how to on making the jig for the front vent window on his site. Something similar can be made for side windows/pop outs.

Reply to
DB

I have a pair of popouts for my 67 Beetle. My problem is that I decided to change the rubber gasket around the glass between the frame and the glass. I have the rubber,(Wolfsburg West),but I cannot get the whole thing to go back together. It seems some type of jig would need to be constructed to provide even,distributed pressure around the frame to compress everything . Has anyone had experience doing this procedure ? I really want to get them on the car as they do make a great difference in air flow in hot weather. Getting flow through ventilation on a stock Beetle is like trying to blow air into a bottle! Thanks Fred67vw

Reply to
Vw67lives