Popout Windows

Need help, advice, or even a strong drink.......

Last year I bought a pair of popout windows for my bug off of Samba. Knowing it would be awhile until I needed them, and that they would be safer in the box than loose, I did a stupid thing and didn't open them. (yes....dumbass)

Well, as of today, I realized I now own 2 driver side windows, no passenger side. Also, not really thrilled with the condition of the chrome. But all that aside, I want to buy new frames for my glass however I can only find one place that has them (wolfsburgwest) and the only ones they carry are listed as :

POP-OUT WINDOW FRAME, through 1964 Bug,

Please, take in mind I am exhausted right now and may not be thinking right, but will this frame fit my glass and go into my 74 Std Bug ? Oh, and did I mention they want an arm and a leg for the thing ?

Thanks for your help, Susan S.

Reply to
Susan S

The early frames are not as tall as the 64 and up frames. But even if you found new frames, you would still need the glass. Your old side windows will not fit in pop out frames. I have late pop outs, cheap. Pmail me at my address listed.

Reply to
Karl

It's not curved glass... any auto-glass shop should be able to cut you some correctly sized pieces of flat safety glass. I got a new front windshield done this way... My old one was getting badly pitted and he just traced out a new one, cut it, smoothed the edges, and it has been great.

This particular shop happens to be near a lake resort and so he keeps a lot of flat safety glass around because it is used so often in boat windshields, but still it shouldn't be too hard to find someone that has the right type of glass.

Reply to
Red Bug

Hopefully I'll not ever have a crack in my back window as it is the only curved glass on my bug... How does one ever replace rear window glass if it's not carried much?

Reply to
Red Bug

Dont know where you are, I see loads of glass on ebay etc and shows are always good for spares. Try a car breaker / scrap/junk yard. (I am in the uk)

Rich

Red Bug wrote:

Reply to
tricky

Ok, guess I wasn't clear.......I have the glass. Just the frames are wrong. But my question was answered as to the height difference.

Susan S.

Reply to
Susan S