How Do I Re-Jet a H30/31 PICT Carb For A 1600cc dp Type I?

How Do I Re-Jet a H30/31 PICT Carb For A 1600cc dp Type I? I have both an SVDA dizzy and a 009 dizzy. Thanks! Joseph 73vwbttl

Reply to
Josef

--- Josef wrote: > Hi!

A 55 idle jet, a 125 (just maybe a 127.5) main jet and a 125 (just maybe a 130) air correct jet works well.

Try the first suggestions first, then if you find it running out of breath a little, try the 127.5 main jet.

The 125 air correction jet will run it a fraction richer at high rpm than the 130 air correction jet (it's an AIR jet so larger means leaner), but they only start with work from about 3000rpm upwards and work mostly from about 4000rpm upwards.

If the H30/31 has a 65 power jet in it (right side - near the idle jet), leave that alone - it should work fine as-is.

Regards

===== Regards Rob Rob and Dave's aircooled VW pages Repairs and maintenance for the home mechanic

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to