jetting help for 34 pict on 1776

Hello,

I am having a heck of a time getting a smooth idle out of this thing. Here is current jetting:

Idle 55 Air correction 115 Main 135

Timing is at 7.5 btdc at idle. with this set up and the choke on, out of my header there is soot on my driveway.........seems like excessively rich. When i tried smaller idle jet, I have to turn the air/mixture screw way out to get a decent idle of about 900 rpm. I tried a 45, a 50 and a 52.5. With this info, it seems that maybe i need more idle jet.......

At cruising speed all is well. Decent power.

I realize that a 1776 with the stock carb needs alot of air...........it trying to get more than it can...........

Reply to
vgonman

Try idle 60 Air correction 80 Main 145

Keep you eyes on the color of your spark plugs.=20

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

you could benefit from the SVDA distributor i just posted for sale below.

the 34 pict 3 and 009 do not work together without modification to the carb. with the SVDA you would get the same advance curve, no carb mods and

3-4mpg better gas mileage.

i got it from aircooled.net they have more info if you are interested.

alackrity at gmail

Reply to
bm