How to adjust door on 89 Fox

hi again, Someone gave me some great tips on replacing drivers side door handle. Well, the new one is still hard to open because the door is sagging a little. Maybe a quarter of an inch, making the door slightly hard to open. My question: How do I adjust the door? From the hinges, or the door lock on the door? The striker doesn't seem to be adjustable, just looks like it screws straight in. Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

We know NOTHING about WATERCOOLED (W-a-t-e-r) volkswagens here... (or at least that's how we'd like people to think)

There's a newsgroup exclusively for them.

rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hey Kevin, you should check out the watercooled group. rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled They'll be much more helpful. All of us are just blowing air.................

;)

If you can't adjust the striker, it's the hinges or an adjustment in the door latch catches the striker. ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Reply to
Steven Strickland

I did one better: I placed a hydraulic jack under the door (with a piece of wood between them and the door 1/3 open), and then jacked up the car by the door. It took three tries with both wheels of the car on that side in the air, but then the door closed like new.

1973 Standard Bug IIRC. Wasn't mine.

Hey, I was young and needed the money ... ;-)

Airhowlingly yours, Erik.

Reply to
Erik Meltzer