I love my car

Just had to share, first Beetle ever. I have done a lot to it, I would like to hear opinions on how it looks and what should be done differently/next thanks Jerry

Jeveretts

................Looks nice! Is it a '71?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

jerry's Friend Space jerry has 1 friends.

heh heh... make some friends, dude. JUST KIDDIN'. Nice car. Have you considered customizing it? This might give you a few ideas:

fun with it!

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

The color is cool.

Reply to
jjs

It is a 72 Super Beetle, it has no rust, at all. the odo shows 45000 miles , the original motor is tight and fast, so maybe it is correct? It was originally clementine orange I think, but the color it is painted is a sort of 'peachy' orange, very pleasing to the eyes I think. It has a pict34/3, I put an 009 in it and did the mod where I put a rivet in the idle hole on the butterfly, and cranked up the accelerator pump, there is virtually no flat spot, and the car will go quite fast. Lowered it with lowering springs, and put new shocks on the rear, aligned it (camber was impossible to put back into factory specs after lowering), now it will drive straight and true at 80mph with no hands on the wheel.

I really love this car, drive something like this and be prepared to talk to a lot of people. I have had people follow me for miles until I stop, just to talk about the car. Go figure, best I can tell, is EVERYBODY used to have one, and they all want ME to know about it :) Jerry Daytona Beach FL

Reply to
Jeveretts

, best I can tell, is

very true.....everyone has a vw story...i was in daytona last month...nice area....was at a carshow at the speedway...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Oooooh. Daytona... You're only about 45 minutes from me. Just watch the tourists out there. It sucks to put that much work into a car and have some idiot from Michigan be too busy looking at the water on A1A to pay attention and shove their mini-van up your ass pipe.

Enjoy your car!

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Very nice -- congratulations on getting it to look that great! Remco

Reply to
remco

We like to call that color Coral. When it gets faded, it looks almost pink. :(

Reply to
jjs

Hi Jerry

Looks nice !

beetles have a nack of making you love them !

As for what you should do with it next ... anything YOU like, If you see something you think looks cools - try it ! It's got to be a personal thing, IMHO , then you will keep lovin it !

Rich

Jeveretts wrote:

Reply to
tricky