igniter and similar ignition devices

I am considering installing the igniter in my 1965 6 volt type 1. Can I use the stock vaccuum advance distributer or do I need to go with the mechanical advance 009? How about the bosch coil? Does that need replacing? Several makes available, is igniter superior to accufire? Which is the best? Who would be a good online dealer? What would be the stock number for a 6 volt 1965? Thanks for any replys.

Reply to
spacecrow

Pertronix makes the Ignitor, can be had from

and works with stock dizzy and coil. Not shure if Compufire makes a 6V unit.. Keep the stock coil and invest in a CDI module instead, engine starts within one revolution, and your plugs lasts a looong time(if you go with Plat's your looking at 50.000!)

J.

Reply to
BergRace

this is a 6V CDI.

we have 1 left, these are likely never to be available again!

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Unless "someone" else makes them, eh?

-ANT

Reply to
ANT

Find if the module fits into the distrubitor. I found out the hard way that the compufire does not fit into the 073 distrubitor. I am thinking of filing off the tab, and epoxying the thing into my vacume advance dist.

Mike.

Reply to
Michael Kelly