IL state test

My 1968 VW bug is suppose to go through a state test...I bought it out in California. Any advice as to what I should adjust to ensure that it passes the test?????

Thanks!

Reply to
kt.stefani

Do you have an "implement of husbandry"?

Exempt Vehicles

The following vehicles are exempt from vehicle emissions inspections:

  • motorcycles; * vehicles of model year 1967 or before; * farm vehicles and implements of husbandry; * antique vehicles [(at least 25 years old) that qualify for antique license plates from the Illinois Secretary of State. For more information, contact the Illinois Secretary of State at (800) 252-8980.];

--------------- More info at:

Looks like '68 cars get only a basic idle test that measures exhaust gases. No treadmill test.

They may test the fuel filler cap for vapor leakage too.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Either that, or move to a part of Illinois that doesn't require it. . . . It's only parts of 9 counties that need emissions inspection. There are 102 counties in Illinois.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr