Inlet Manifold Spigot - '78 1600 Bus

On my recently acquired UK spec '79 1600 bus I'm having a little problem with idling - as in it won't.

Ignition all ok but I've noticed there's a spigot (about 2" long and 1/2" dia) on the inlet manifold below the single carb. Should there be a pipe on it? If so where from/to?

My other buses were 2.0l so the layout is a little unfamiliar.

Reply to
sweller

I think that may be a port for an air hose that goes to the original air cleaner. It needs to be connected properly or at least plugged somehow or it will affect the idle and cause a lean air:fuel mixture, which is not good. You could use a piece of hose about 4 cm long and put a small screw in the end of it.

sweller wrote:

Reply to
Jim347a

FLAPS should carry various sizes of rubber plugs for blocking off vacume ports. Looks like a hose with round block off end. can probably get a set for a few bucks.

Anton

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Reply to
anton