Installing Front hood seal.

The rubber piece that goes on the front to keep air from going through the dash board. Should I glue it in? What kind of glue and where should I start (Sides, Near Windshield, Bottom)?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

If it's like the deck lid rubber, you'd just slide it in near the windshield and around from one end (probably using a lot of soapy water), then trim off any excess. Shouldn't need any glue.

But I haven't done mine yet (need to fix the latching mechanism first) so I could be all wrong.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I didn't think it used glue either but I couldn't figure out how to get it to stay. They is a grove but not sure how to get it to stay their.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

I think once you get it in the groove and in the correct position then you carefully tap a couple parts of the groove down some to pinch the seal. I think it is best to use something flat and wide as a block so you don't damage the paint when you tap the block with a small hammer.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Thanks for the tip. I painted it myself so I'm not worried about messing up the paint. I may get it professionally painted later.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87