irs boot change

Can someone help a rookie bug owner out please?

71 bug - irs rearend Need to install new CV boots due to the aging/rotting ones currently in place. I have removed the bolts around the CV and the inner (transaxle side) the axle is free but the other side seems to be stuck in place. I have read the service manual and don't see anything that could be holding it place, i.e. circlip...etc. Mucho thanks in advance for any and all helpfull hints.

MB

Reply to
MB

You removed the 6 bolts on the tranny side AND the 6 bolts on the outer (stub axle) side??

If so, then you need to break out the BFH to whack the CV. There is no circlip .

Rob and Dave have a nice procedure here:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim