ISBN nr of Garwoods "Car of the century" wanted

Hello,

I would like to order the books ...

Volkswagen Beetle, The Car of the Century, Volume One, 1930-1960, by J.T. Garwood; J.T. Garwood, Publisher. Volkswagen Beetle, The Car of the Century, Volume Two, 1961-1980, by J.T. Garwood; J.T. Garwood, Publisher.

.... but the bookshop needs the ISBN number and I can't find it anywhere. Can somebody check the ISBN number of his copy and post it here ?

Thanks and greetings, Dave

1955 Oval 1969 1300 Beetle 1967 SC
Reply to
Dave Coeman

The book (my Vol II) doesn't appear to have an ISBN. If you don't have any success, have eBay notify you when anything with "car of the century" is listed.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

At one time, Rocky Mountain Motorworks had them.

Reply to
Kaferdave

Yes, it's in the catalog, but I think someone posted recently that they are not in stock. I've hunted around but didn't find a source new.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Hiya Dave,

There is no ISBN number for either volume. Garwood did the whole thing himself (with the assistance of friends and relatives). Had his daughter do the editing and took it to a local printer. Apparently he handled the distribution also. Although it is copyrighted it was never submitted for an ISBN. Others have mentioned that RMM did (at least at one time) have this book in stock. I have tried to track down Garwood or his heirs to check availability. No luck going that route. RMM is also not forthcoming on their source for the book. It looks as if (unless somebody out there really wants to pursue this) it's a "dead" issue.

Mike

Reply to
Bookwus1

"Bookwus1" wrote

Here's the latest I've heard on the books:

Might ought to bump that to see if Glenn has heard anything.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Thanks for the reply on my question...

Greetings, Dave

"Dave Coeman" schreef in bericht news:fxpBb.68987$ snipped-for-privacy@phobos.telenet-ops.be...

Reply to
Dave Coeman

Scott: Do you have an email address for J.T.Garwood's daughter - You cite her as having posted a message about the Garwood Books, Volume One and Two. I am anxious to contact her about obtaining a copy of the CD mentioned in her book. Thanks, Dr Joe Goeppner

Reply to
soldier