Karmann Ghia front hood treatment

I'm getting a new interior for my Karmann Ghia convertible, 1969. When I look under the front hood, there is no barrier between the compartment and the back of the dash. When I look I just see everything exposed, the glove box, the empty radio compartment, and tons of wires just hanging there. Surely there was originally some kind of 'wall' between the storage compartment and this area. Also, if water ever leaks into the hood during rain or washing, it could easily get onto all these wires. Anyone have pics of a property treated under-hood area? Can you tell me what goes there and how I can get or construct one?

Also, the rear view mirror and the sun visors were taken out of this car. I know the sun visors mount on the two outside corners on some hardware, but is it true that they also attach to clips located in the center of the windshield top, onto clips located left and right of the rear view mirror? Finally, what is the best buy anyone has found on a rear view mirror.

Please respond to me directly at snipped-for-privacy@bresnan.net

Also, is this the best place for Karmann Ghia questions? Or is there a more relevant group?

I may have other restoration questions.

Reply to
bbbacres

The car originally has a 'pressboard' trunk liner which covered the wiring, etc. The opening has a lip for the hood seal which also acts a drain. There are

2 openings with hoses underneath. They are in the front of the car by the latch. Yes, you are correct about the visors.

For a mirror or any part try KGPR.

Reply to
Mel P.