Mating device

AND a shop rag. Don't go anywhere without a shop rag. Some duct tape, too.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Squirrel Elliott"

wrote:

fellow to mate

some long

duct tape, too.

Reply to
Busahaulic

Here ya go:

Seriously though, why would you want an engine stand? I have one, but I only use it for watercooled engines, because they are heavier and don't have a natural "flat" area they would securely stand on. A beetle/bus engine has a flat bottom.

The aircooled engines are easy to build on a workbench, and once the case halves are together, the remaining parts (almost all of them) are attached when the engine is sitting on the table top in upright position, as it would in the engine bay. When you're done, have a friend lift it on the floor with you.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On Tue, 25 May 2004 07:18:26 +0300, Jan Andersson ran around screaming and yelling:

im with you Jan, i have never used a stand for a vw engine...and i have been ripping them apart and putting them together for along time... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Ok, now *I* am getting gueasy.

Jan :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

There is a similar stand specifit to ACVW engines like this one:

it's price is twice the one you found. If you have to have an engine stand (I've never used one) you need only two mounts to hold the VW engine bolted on the left case half, so that you can split the case.

Bill, '67 bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

WTF is a Jesus spring?

G.

Reply to
Gary Blessing

...an item often used in conjunction with a jesus clip ;-)

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Its that 1 spring or clip or bolt or whatever that you lose of the car and then, no matter how much you pray to jesus, it will never run without it, so have fun finding it......*8-}. On my 5th wheel RV I have what I call a jesus wire. It is the wire that connects the truck to the trailers emergency brake switch. If the hitch ever fails, you pray to jesus that the wire pulls the pin and the trailer brakes work...

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Sorry, man. I don't know what came over me. I . . . I . . . better go lay down for a while.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

You know: "Jesus! Where did that spring go?!?"

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

That's a multipurpose tool. Equally useful in the shop, the kitchen and the garden.

It would suit my work area better, I think. Spare benches or table wold not fit my tiny home engine servicing area well (the spot in front of the garage door). While this thing would. I want to be able to get the engine up to a reasonable height -- the ATV lift I use to haul the engine outta the Wonderbus is too low for me to work on the engine easily. And I'd like to rotate the engine on its side easily if I'm gonna pull the jugs.

It's like my bicycle work stand, I like to be able to turn the thing I'm working on around as needed. My eyesight is not brilliant and I have metal knee (seriously) so turning the workpiece is more comfortable than turning me. 50 USD for a Harbor Freight engine stand is not so much money to pay to find out if I am mistaken.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

You tried making some neckbones and rice (and eating them) without getting the recipe from me. That'll learn ya! :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

You just followd the thread this far because it talked about mating....

Reply to
KWW

What... you are supposed to buy the necks already detached from the chickens, not .... done yourself?

Reply to
KWW

Well . . . Mars /does/ need women! Have you seen the pictures?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

*pork* neckbones.... sigh...........
Reply to
Shaggie

ahh right. I use another word instead of jesus.

G.

Reply to
Gary Blessing

Reply to
ilambert

everyday generic engine stand. Sorta like the bench

the holes for the locking pin when you rotate

recently. Maybe I should say they USED TO make

Reply to
ilambert