MOFOCO

I'll be there but only looking this time.

dave

I'm going to sell some parts Jim Schield

Reply to
JSchield

At the beginning of this thread Chu wrote,

Anyone had any experience with Mofoco? Good or bad, please share. I am eyeing up their "project streetwise 1914 longblock for my Ghia" Are

94 mm pistons too much for the street? Will Webber 48 IDF's in fact fit under the deck of the Ghia? Please reply to snipped-for-privacy@tdi.net Thanks for the help.

In a Hot VWs Tech booklet called Building aAircooled VW Engines or something like that, they recommended sending in your old 34 PICT 3 carb to MOFOCO and have them rebush it and rejet it so it will perform well with a 009 distributor. Well I did. When I finally got it back the engine would not idle unless the air fuel mixture screw was turned about 7 turns out. My gas mpg dropped from 17.7 mpg to about 7 mpg with the rebuilt MOFOCO carb.

I am very disappointed and will not do business there again.

Later I was told by several different people not to try and rebuild an old 34 PICT 3. I guess that proves they are right and that Hot VWs is not the definitive answer source for this topic.

Reply to
Josef

ayup, I read up as much on a symptom as I can and when I start to make a conclusion I rush to a forum or this group to ask if my conclusions are correct.

Works well, up until the point where the locals get tired of my spam.

Reply to
Seth Graham