009

I noticed California Imports was offering a replacement for the Bosch

009 for about $40. I did not know other manufactures made an 009 clone for the vwac.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

saw a thread on Thesamba about these distributors...come in a box designed to LOOK like a real Bosch , but are manufactured in China, and of questionable quality...but no personal experience from me....plus i just bought a Mallory Unilite...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

thanx

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I love my Mallory Unilite too. Well-built, adjustable, even available with a vacuum advance mechanism. Plus, it just looks kewl.

Geoffe Elias '74 Super Beetle

Reply to
geoffers

so far i only love the look of the mallory unilite(with vac advance) because i have yet to install the grey springs and install it...is the rotor button on your Mallory really tight on the shaft?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I remember it being initially very tight on mine as well. Somehow, with a whole lot of patience, I managed to get it off in order to change out the springs. I don't remember if I used some sort of tool to help pry it off the shaft. But please be very careful if you decide to use something besides your own brute strength.

Geoffe Elias

74 Super Beetle
Reply to
geoffers

thanks Geoffe for the reply...i saw no means of mechanical fastening, so i was assuming(yeah i know) that it was pressed on...have not even thrown the brute force to it yet...but i will...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Yes, the rotor is firmly pressed. To get it of, catch it with your fingers from the edges of the black disk, at four locations (eg 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock) and pull it out evenly. It will not come off very esily, but you won't have to use any brute force either.

Bill, '67 Bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

Thanks Bill....still haven't tried it due to me not wanting to break a brandy new part...heh

Reply to
Joey Tribiani